$16,488 for Rare 1964 Beatles Ticket
Snowstorm fifty-years-ago nets big profit for once disappointed Beatles fan
February 14, 2014
By James Massey
(Source: WhatSellsBest.com) - In an ironic twist. A snowstorm which happened in Washington D.C. fifty-years-ago, has helped to fetch a once disappointed Beatles fan $16,488 for their ($3) unused concert ticket, on eBay.
**See more photos on eBay
In the sellers words (from the eBay description); "I bought this ticket but due to a snowstorm the day before the concert, my parents would not let their 17 year old son drive 35 miles in the family car to DC. The ticket has been stored in an envelope in a safe for the last 50 years. Condition is excellent."
Why's It Rare?
Rare early Beatles items are some of the hottest collectibles in the marketplace today, often fetching staggering amounts.
Last year (March, 2013) a rare copy of The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967), signed by all four band members, sold for $290,500. Breaking the world record for the most expensive record sold at that time.
Finding an original unused 1964 concert ticket in excellent condition, is one of those things that creates a lot of interest among collectors. As this one did.
Back in October of 2011, another Beatles ticket, which did-not even have the Beatles name written on the stub, sold on eBay for $7,278.
Video: The Beatles at Washington Coliseum in 1964 (Source: YouTube)
Auction Data & Statistics
The Beatles Concert Ticket received 32 bids from 7 bidders over the course of 7 days. The opening bid on February 7, was $2,999. The final bid was $16,488. The auction ended on Friday, February 14 (2014), at 7:21am Pacific Standard Time.
For more information and close-up photos of the ticket see; **eBay auction listing; #131112006279 (auction links may expire after 90 days).
Related Beatles Items, Auctions, and Information:
- Sold: $290k for Rare Signed Beatles Record
- Sold: $12k for Rare Beatles Record-Player
- Sold: $13,000 for Rare Beatles Demo
- Beatles Dominate Vintage Record Sales in 2012 (Top 7)
- Sold: $17k for 'Lucky Find' Beatles Record
- Sold: $15k for Mint Beatles 'Butcher'
- Sold: $35k for Extremely Rare Beatles Demo
- Sold: $22k for Rare Beatles / Ifield Album
- Sold: $14k for Beatles Vee-Jay Album
- Sold: $42k for Beatles 'Cavern Club' Poster
- Sold: $24k for Beatles Please Please Me Record
- Sold: $26k Sealed Beatles "Butcher" Record
- Sold: $7k for Super Secret Beatles Ticket
- Ten Top Beatles items sold on eBay
- Bids Stall at $31k for Beatles 'Sleeve'
- Top 25 Vintage Vinyl Records on eBay
DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH
All Items Shared by What Sells Best - Are strictly for Informational and Entertainment Purposes only.
Always Consult with Reputable Specialist - Before making important buy or sell decisions.