NEWS > Steve Jobs 'Application' Fetches $174,000
Reflects Youth and Prophetic AspirationsCBS Los Angeles reports on RR Auctions sale of Steve Jobs Application.
March 20, 2018
By James Massey, What Sells Best News
STEVE JOBS 'PROPHETIC' ASPIRATIONS
The one page application (8.5 x 11-inches), filled out in Jobs own handwriting, reflects his early aspirations in technology and design.
First he wrote "yes" next to 'Computer' and 'Calculator,' to select his skills. Then he described his 'Special Abilities' as "electronics tech or design engineer. digital."
Those very same skills and abilities would later help Jobs co-found Apple with Steve Wozniak, which revolutionized an industry.1981 interview with Steve Jobs on the Home Computer Revolution.
AUCTION PRICE TRIPLED
Reportedly, a bidding war broke out between wealthy tech collectors, rocketing the price to $174,000 by auctions end. More than tripling the $50,000 estimate.
APPLE TECH AS A COLLECTIBLE
Some of the rarest Apple collectibles have fluctuated in price over the last 7-years. Nonetheless, they have continued to bring serious prices.
- SOLD > $1.6 Million for Apple Founding Documents - Sotheby's, 12/13/11
- SOLD > $977,00 for Custom Apple Mac Pro - Sotheby's, 11/23/13
- SOLD > $905,000 for Apple I Computer - Bonhams, 10/22/14
- SOLD > $374,500 for Apple I Computer - Sotheby's, 6/15/12
- SOLD > $372,000 for Apple I Computer - Bonhams, 12/6/17
- SOLD > $355,500 for Apple I Computer - Christies, 6/15/17